Monday 14 December 2009

Evaluation

For my experimental video, I produced a piece involving two children’s toys fighting. Being a mainly craft oriented video, it’s concept is open to various interpretations. It is completely different from what I had first planned to produce, as my first plan revolved around the theme of nature and the environment, relying on bright weather for the filming process. Unfortunately when it came to filming, the weather was in decline. My new plan involved two completely contrasting children’s toys; a football player figurine and a toy bear. The idea was to have the two toys fight. I chose this idea because it is very unique and an unusual type of film to watch. Also the contrasting toys make this film a very experimental piece.

The reading of my experimental video by the audience was as expected, the opinion of the audience being mainly positive. The film doesn’t have a strong concept, however, although the audience didn’t see a solid concept, they could appreciate the craft used, rating the video an average 8/10.

I think that next time I would plan out my video a bit more, adding in some more scenes to make the video longer. I would also use the time in which I was given more wisely. I have learnt that post production takes a lot longer than expected, and would consider revising my filming/editing time ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment